Young Lawyers’ Conference
Building on the momentum gathered during the 3rd YLC in Mombasa in 2018, the Young Lawyers’ Conference brings together over 300 young practitioners from around the East African region to share, to learn and to interact with their peers as well as leading lawyers from various backgrounds. The YLC conference will be a whole day event.
Opening Session and Welcoming
Opening Address by the Hon. Chief Justice of the Republic of Rwanda
- Session 1: Too Young to Lead? Stimulating Conversation on the Challenges Faced by Youth in Leadership and Development in Africa
- Session 2: We Have the Skills; Where is the Money? Exploring Economic Opportunities and Barriers for the Youth in the Legal Profession
- Session 3: Debating the Future of the East African Community (select teams drawn from each EAC country will debate each other on the opportunities and constraints of regional integration. The winning team will be rewarded).
- Session 4: Young Lawyers Leadership Summit – Comprehensive Mentorship Session for Young Lawyers
- Session 5: Presentation of the winners of the EALS Young Lawyers Essay Writing Competition